Homemade Soap Making - Beginner's Mistakes and Help

 To begin with, making your first batch of homemade soap isn't hard to do. Beginner soap making mistakes help you learn more about making soap. Follow the directions, take your time and read on how to make homemade soap before trying to make it.


When the directions mention two thermometer's and a soap cutter, you better have them. I say this because I had neither one.


I made the mistake of adding my sodium hydroxide and water solution to my oil while they were both still to hot. Using a hand blender sped up the cold soap process. I had to pour the soap into my mold earlier than I should have.


Upon all the rushing of pouring my mixture into my mold. I forgot to add my essential oil and herb. I can not express my thoughts when I finally got my soap mixture poured into the molds and turned around only to see my essential oil and herbs sitting on the counter.


Finally after watching a video on YouTube showing how to fix soap problems, my homemade soap turned out fine.


I was proud of my small amount of homemade soap. Making homemade soap is something I always wanted to do and the trouble I went through while making my first batch was worth every mistake and effort to correct the mistakes. I recommend this hobby to anyone and the rewards are great by just knowing it's your own finished creation.


My second batch of homemade soap went great after my experience with my first batch. My soap hardened and was ready to cut. I did not have a soap cutter. I ordered a simple soap cutter which took longer for delivery. My soap was hard to cut even with the soap cutter because I waited to long to cut the soap.


The bars were not equal in size, but I gave some of this soap to others and ask for them to let me know how or if the soap helped their skin. This help me know how many people could use soap with the essential oil and herbs I used in soap. Four did not reply but eighteen loved it.


Below are some things I recommend for beginner soap makers to think about before jumping into the project. I am willing to admit my beginners mistakes to hopefully help others that are wanting to learn how to make homemade soap.


What you need to start making cold process soap:


Safety glasses and gloves

Soap Mold.

Soap cutter that works well with the molds you have.

Wax paper or freezer paper.

One large stainless steel pot to mix the ingredients. You can melt your solid soap oils in this, then add the liquid soap oils. And finally adding the sodium hydroxide and water solution to the oils.

Two or more glass or plastic containers for your water and lye solution and liquid Natural Soap making oils. Measuring container work well.

Two thermometer's made for soap making.

Stick blender or plastic spoon.

One plastic spatula.

Kitchen scale that weighs out grams and ounces.

Protection for your counter top and your clothing.

Old blankets or towels to insulate the soap 24 hours.

Soap Recipe

You may need more spoons and measuring containers if you are adding color, essential oils or herbs. Just lay you ingredients out on your work area and supply each ingredient its own container.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Ways To Make Money Online

Top Tips About How To Make Money Online That Anyone Can Follow

Article Marketing Tips You Should Try Out Today!